Since you were soliciting photos for your blog, I have a few more to share:
As
life in Tampa Bay heats up, retired dogs need to keep cool. Thus, I
have acquired a stand-alone freezer for the primary purpose of dog food
storage. I picked up a 30lb block of frozen turkey necks from the local
meat market, partially thawed them out, cut up the big ones into meal
sized portions, and re-bagged. On really hot days, Dudley enjoys a
"bone-cicle".
On
Mother's Day weekend, I dug up Duds' vaccination records and we took a
trip over to the local dog resort. It's a very nice boarding facility
with doggy daycare and a water park, just for dogs. The water park is
kind pf a private thing, unless you show up with a group of dogs who
know each other. Duds enjoyed splashing around the sprinklers that day,
though he first had to thoroughly patrol the entire enclosure and poop a
few times. The boarding facilities are also pretty spiffy - there are
runs with private televisions and couches.
Living
in FL introduces a wide range of new critters to chase or avoid.
Previously I had mentioned Duds superior lizard hunting skills. This
week we met a new backyard pal that needs to be avoided all together. I
came home from work to find this monstrous bug on the fence. Some
research showed that it is an Eastern Lubber Grasshopper - the one in
the photo is a juvenile and will sprout wings and get bigger. Never
seen anything like it before! These guys are toxic if eaten and can
spew a toxic foam if threatened. I hope we don't see any more of these
guys.
That's
the update from Tampa Bay. In June, we have tickets to Bark in the
Park, where Duds will get to go to a baseball game and see the TB Rays
play. Stay tooned for photos of that event
Love the update!! Thanks so much for sharing Duds' update!! FL seems to have some of the strangest bugs sometimes lol
ReplyDeleteJessie, Zoe, & Caddie in MI
All kinds of unusual flora & fauna - I spent all my life in the Northeast so far. Really enjoying the subtropical climate and new things to see. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great place for Duds to go and cool off. Sounds like he eats pretty good, too.
ReplyDeleteBev Hayes and the crew
I just love Duds! And I'm glad to see he's enjoying his new digs in Florida! Thanks for sharing the photos! ☺
ReplyDeleteThat looks like great fun for the dogs - a water park. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
ReplyDelete