Monday, July 2, 2012

The Baby Quinn

We had another puppy announcement on the BML recently which means of course we get another dose of the puppy cute today in the form of Quinn's introduction, narrated by his new "mom"

We picked Quinn up in the Toronto area, which is about a 2 hour drive (nothing like JM's journey).

Quinn and the breeder were outside when we drove up, I got out and he immediately ran over to me and gave me a kiss.  What a great start to what I hope is a long and special relationship.

I had brought some tuna treats along with me, as I thought he might need 'a little something' to feel more at home.  It was a little surprising to me that he refused them.  He seemed thirsty, so since I wasn't the best mom, and forgot to bring a drink, we had to stop at Tim Horton's and get him some water.  It is fitting that he learns about Tim Horton's early on.  After he had a drink, he was ready and willing to eat the whole bag of treats.  Poor guy was starving.  I guess I should mention that he came from Windsor that same day, so that was a much longer drive for him. 
Jade was ok with Quinn, but it wasn't until he decided that he would try and play her game of chase and keep away that she really warmed up to him.  After that she let him lay on her.  That was Monday evening so it was only 2 days after we got him. 
The next picture is a shot of Jade and Quinn playing.  Jade has a special game of keep away that she has perfected.  She is able to quickly turn her face/body to block another dog from getting the toy in question.  I can't wait to see her face once Quinn catches on, and adapts, which I am sure will happen quickly. 
Quinn is a very saucy puppy and is always giving Jade a piece of his mind.  I think that he is going to be a talker, like Marco.
The last picture is Quinn waving to the BML and saying " See you Soon"

10 comments:

  1. Oh, he is BEAUTIFUL!! Many breeders would call Quinn "plain." I call him striking! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! And Jade is a real sweetheart to allow him to cuddle so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinn & Jade are a couple of cuties!! I am sure they will be playing chase games for some time now lol

    Jessie, Zoe, & Caddie
    Jackson, MI USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think the Mighty Quinn...sorry I just cannot get that song out of my head when I see this fellow....is a beautiful classic!

    I think the BML will enjoy watching him grow.

    WAVING BACK to you saying Hope to see you soon too!

    Judy Humphrey, Gracie, Gabriel and Cullen
    Greensburg, PA
    goodbyegirl@zoominternet.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a doll he is!!! And this breeder would not call him "plain" - I love those dark faces - he is a keeper for sure. Can't wait for more pictures of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess what would be considered plain would be lack of flash, which is very true! But he is a real cutie - hard not to fall in love with him. I have had a number of people mention 'Mighty Quinn' I didn't think of that when I named him, but I think it is appropriate.

    Thanks for sharing the pictures and I hope to send more soon.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a very attractive young pup. Enjoy. They grow so fast.

    Helen
    Trafford, PA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh they're cute, cute, cute!! What fun it's going to be to watch Quinn and Jade! There's just nothing like a boxer puppy........kind of makes me want one too!

    Nancy Yang
    Gettysburg PA
    nancy@brownsranch.net

    and Aggie, the little princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is absolutly stunning!!! He looks like a sealed reverse Brindle. He will be quick to learn Jade's tricks and I'll bet it won't be long either. Thanks for sharing him and Jade with us.
    Bev Hayes
    Mom to Cole, Princess, Mandy and KC the kitty.

    ReplyDelete