Jordyn has been handling show dogs since she was seven. Here's the story as explained by her Honey (grandmother):
She
had just turn 7 but had been begging me since she was 5. At the time I
was fighting to get my disability and did not have a lot of money so I
sold my jewelry to buy her a puppy. Jordyn and I sat down and looked at
all kinds of dogs she might be able to handle and we thought a min Daux
would be little enough for her. So for her 7th birthday she got her show puppy!! This is what she said!! "Honey I knew
you would get me my show puppy, Mommy and Daddy said you wouldn’t." She
threw her arms around me and told me how much she loved me and how she
was going to win lots of ribbons. All the time that I would not let her show she would go home and
practice showing and stacking on her pug-poo.
Jordyn in the ring with Phoebe and keeping her promise to her Honey by taking Reserve Winners Bitch.
Unfortunately Phoebe did not turn out to be show quality she is a little high in the rear end, but that's how Honey ended up with a mini Daux and then Jordyn proved that she can handle Boxers.
Four years later Jordyn is 11 years old and she's now handling in the ring against adults and in the words of Honey "kicking all their butts". Seriously, because here she is getting her first Boxer points when she took her buddy Stanley for Best Opposite Sex and Best of Winners. And those feathers? That's now her signature and she has her own wardrobe of show suits.

Jordyn is such a cutie and a GREAT dog handler!! I know she will continue to more ribbons on that Boxer :)
ReplyDeleteJessie, Zoe, & Caddie in MI
How adorable! We can all see why you are so proud of her.
ReplyDelete