Monday, October 29, 2012

The Many Styles of Lucy

This report from our friend Lucy's Human:
 
As many of you know, we recently went through a rough spell with Lucy and allergies.  One trip to the vet, $150, and 3 different prescriptions, and Lucy is on the mend.  But, we've had to make some adjustments.  Lucy no longer goes outside without some type of protection between her beautiful spotted little belly and the grass- because that was the root of the problem.  So, every day, Lucy gets to pick out a new t-shirt!  I was sharing mine with her, but they seemed a little constrictive, so now she's borrowing Daddy's t-shirts.  I think she kinda likes her new look.

Of course, all of this is not without it's challenges, Daddy's t-shirts are a bit on the long side and her little wiggle bum gets stuck in them, so I've had to figure out a way to keep her little butt wiggling.  So, several times a day, she comes to me to be tied back up!  One good knot on her back and she's ready to wiggle again!

The t-shirts have given her rash a chance to heal, and she's no longer being exposed to the grass!  See there is a creative solution to everything, which is what boxer parenting is all about!  Where there is a will there is a way!
 


 

8 comments:

  1. I am sorry about Miss Lucy's problems but she is adorable in her t-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - and that is very innovative, don't think I would have thought of that. Good job Marianne and I hope that this gets Miss Lucys skin back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my yes she's as cute as can be. Now Lily will want to check my closet and pick out a t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks very fashionable, Marianne. I love the last pic of her. We had a bad ice storm here a few yrs ago and while I could get a sweat shirt on Princess, Cole would not let me put ANYTHING on him, not even a blanket over him.
    I hope this clears up her little tummy and she will be back to normal soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the Modeling Princess with us.
    Bev and the crew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She must feel SO fashionable! Now ... all she needs are some earrings and a fancy hat. ;) Thanks for sharing Lucy's photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww.... great pictures, what a doll she is!! Thankfully she is getting better, some of those allergies just never get figured out, so glad she is feeling better!!;) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recently Momma had to wear a tshirt to keep her from chewing
    stitches on her tummy after a removal of a dratted boxer lump. I took a big rubber band, gathered up the tail over her back and put the rubber band around it. Beth my friend
    tied a knot like lucy's but it kept coming loose the rubber
    band did the trick!!
    Ruth in northern Ca

    ReplyDelete