Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lord of the Garden

Back to BML dogs today and I'm so pleased to have an update on one of my favourites. Dudley is 1/2 Boxer, 1/2 Old English Sheepdog and I just love him. Here's an update from his mom.

Dudley is enjoying his "retirement" in Florida, and has found a new vocation as Lord of the Garden.  He loves to lay in the small grassy patch by my garden containers, even though there is plenty of space in other parts of the yard.  Maybe he likes watching the tomatoes and herbs grow.  Maybe it's because that spot has the best sun, or maybe he enjoys chasing the lizards.  In any case, here are some rare photos of Duds scootching.

Seeing him on his back is a very, very rare thing - in the years I've had him, he hardly ever scootches or lays flat on his back.  I'm pretty sure he would have failed that part of the Temperment Testing as a pup, but we'll never know because he came to me at age 2.  I'm glad I could catch it on camera to share with you all.






5 comments:

  1. I am glad to see Mr. Dudley scootching and enjoying that florida sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duds has the most delightful face!! I love seeing photos of him. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL love the scootching!! I'm sure Dale would have too!! So miss his stories about Emily and Lou scootchin!! Beautiful pictures!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update on Dudley, I've thought of him fondly thru out the years. I was always happy to read about his carting life. Hugs and smooches, Duds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katie - Duds looks so happy! Sorry I never got to meet him here in Nyack but glad he is enjoying the Florida sun - especially now....
    We just got over a major snow storm and very, very heavy rains (:
    See what you are missing ::)))
    All the best to you both
    Barbara Leavey

    ReplyDelete