Today is the last one with Wee Portia. She's had some wonderful luck for a girl that had such a rough start.
Finally adoption day!
The family fell in love with her. She put on a
good show and did the "boxer stomp" including the bark! I let Fenway
out of his crate and she attacked him with vengeance and actually
knocked him over because the 3-legged boy was off balance. She showed
them that she was a BIG tough boxer girl!
On the fifth of Nov. she weighed in at 9 lbs. 5 oz. When she was adopted on the tenth she had to be at least 10 lbs. The adopters only live about an hour from Tufts, so when she is spayed,
and her cleft properly evaluated, they have that resource if it is
deemed necessary for her to have corrective surgery.
Sunday morning when I opened the gate to the family room, three of my
pack went right to her crate. I suspect they thought she might reappear
overnight. They will adapt to her absence. She was fun!

I am so happy that she went to a great family and that, should her cleft need surgery, that they can afford to get it done.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing about her with all of us.
Bev Hayes and the "kids"