Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Separate Vacations (aka the Brindle gets a new girl)

Vacations are good for both the Brindle and I. We get a break from the castle and each other.

This time around I put in a little extra effort to find him someplace just a bit better to hang out at. After I dropped him off I announced via facebook that the Brindle would be spending eight days at Flemish camp, where I had seen a Boxer with a tail. Yes, it's Europe and tail docking is illegal in most places. The Boxer tail in it's natural state is long and whip like, as would befit their otherwise notoriously mischievous and occasionally destructive nature. My greatest concern on walking out was that the Brindle might be returned to me suffering from tail envy, but more on that lovely tailed creature in a bit.

I have to admit to a little bit of awe when I walked into Marcodia's Pet Hotel, or as it says on the sign Dierenhotel. The place is absolutely beautiful, any dog in their right mind would be thrilled to spend some time there. Hell, I'd spend the night there without much trouble. The indoor rooms are big and bright, the outside runs are equally wonderful and they have an awning system they put up in the summer to give added shade to the runs. The dogs go out every two hours, to do their duties, so lots of human interaction and if they're up to it they can play with the other dogs. Max couldn't. What I was told was that he was possessive of the staff and jealous of the other dogs, she said they see it often in Boxers. When I mentioned that some Boxers only like other Boxers she agreed and said that he was fine with the girl Boxer that was there. Yes, that's right, the Brindle may just have had himself a little camp romance.

Marcodia's have a wonderful website including a photo gallery, feel free to check them out.

And where was I while the Brindle was off being his usual galoot like self in such a lovely place? Well Florida of course.

Hanging out on the beach soaking up the sun and just generally thinking about nothing. My comment at one point during the week? "It's really nice to go on a vacation where I don't worry about work and I don't have a cell phone to drag around with me." The plan for the week was a whole lot of nothing because I just don't consider myself a tourist any more. The beverage of choice was the margarita with this little baby being from the Smokin' Oyster Brewery at Fort Myers Beach.



I got in a little tv from time to time including two whole hockey games! That was part of the to do list as were trips to Bath & Body Works, Total Wine, Target, a hair cut and a new pair of sandals that turned into two pairs. And of course, the requisite pedicure that I ended up getting during my layover at the Philadelphia airport. I love that place!

I had a wonderful time, I didn't want to come back and I wish I was back there right now. (go Powerball tickets!) In the meantime I'm going to hold this image in my brain until the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment